Monday, September 26, 2005

To Dad With Love

Most of my blogs and moreover, my blog title itself does n't reflect the true "Rashmi" - is what my friend keeps complaining... She thinks I am a bubbly and energetic person and none of what I write bespeaks my heart;) - Well, if at all anyone thinks of me in the same way then I guess its probably bcos of the many wonderful things that have happened to me over the years and one of the best things I have had in this life is MY PARENTS - They set the threshold and nothing can possibly surpass them ever in my life...

DAD! this is for you on your Birthday - Might sound a little too hackneyed, but still...

did you ever realize you have been so good at whatever you have been?

As a son, I have witnessed every bit of affection and respect you had for ammumma, I saw, believed and learnt the importance of being a child to a mother – Ammumma was never unhappy with you for whatsoever reason, you handled her with utmost care and love like her caretaker sometimes…

Everyone in the office used to admire your professional coduct; you were self disciplined despite many inconsistencies at your work place – you were a wonderful employee with tons of patience to be kind enough to help out with your junior colleagues and courteous enough with your senior colleagues even during situations that called for a heated argument.

Well, what can I say about mom – she is probably the happiest among all to have you, a man so well balanced and handles any bickering with perfect poise. Appreciating the many different points of view, you find philosophical concepts just right, and you don’t vacillate and have confidence in any conclusions at which you arrive. Being fastidious about cleanliness, you have proven so helpful to mom in many ways too;)I wish to have a husband just with the qualities like yours :D!

About the kind of person you are among ur friends and relatives, anyone with problems make sure they let you know first and rely on your help, this is just enough to demonstrate what you mean to them!!

I wonder how you can perfect anything that you do, I wish I can do things so meticulously as you do…You set my threshold for perfection.

Is there anyone at all in this world who thinks ill about you, I guess not!! You have been nice to anyone and everyone you have met and left no apprehensions about you in their minds….

Finally, what you have been to me – Something I like to adore and adorn in my heart than say it in words and make it sound clichéd and trite…relentless love and support besides being my role model…You are the best for me and I can't dare to ask for more - i pray to god to give me enough strength to keep you happy and return back atleast a an ounce of what I receive from you.

God makes everyone good, but you have identified both the god and the good in you and have tried to live upto it, prob the best one can do in one’s lifetime – I love you and Happy returns of the day Again! May lord always be with you!!!

6 comments:

Liju said...

very neat rashmi....you really put into words your affection towards your parents.
you are lucky to have such parents, now I know where you got all your good qualitites from... (*about the bad ones, I think you mostly learnt it from 95 englewood :D *) yet again, I think your parents are luckier to have got a child like you who reciprocates the love and care they gave you...
Wonder how many people do that these days...

lovey-dovey said...

its amazing. And u will definitly make ur parents proud and happy with all ur love and affection towards thm.

SAL said...

Yes, truly we share the same thoughts atleast over this important facet of our lives. I think parents is the best thing that ever happened to us...no second thoughts. Today where I stand is because of them. We all owe them a debt, which can never be paid.

Pavithra said...

Most often we rarely get a chance to express what we feel for our parents when we are around them...coz its all taken for granted...I'm glad u put it in words!

Unknown said...

This honest expression of you love and respect for your Dad makes me tear eyed. Very nicely written Rashmi.

Anu said...

so touching... I bet you made your dad cry