Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Organizing Memories - Part 1!!!

Now that I am going to me a mom of 2 proud kids (2nd one is on the way :-), I am only realizing how important each year it is for these kids. I would leave no stone unturned to ensure my kids get all they want of their childhood when they are all grown up :-) That is one of the reason I started writing a baby blog for my darling daughter!!!
Keeping up with my traditions of preserving their memories, I have decided to build and maintain photo copies of the digital ones...There are more advantages than anything else that I can think of for doing this.
Most significant of them all, I would love to hand it off to them when they grow up and it is simply more amusing to anyone in general to look at the hard copies rather than just the soft ones, up on the computer.

I have jump-started the process by printing the albums to begin with...Once, I have a collection of photos printed, I will buy nice themed albums and album storage boxes and then find a cozy place in the house to preserve them safely :-) Well that being said, this is just the very first part of my process and hence the title!!!

However, I would like to share one of my easiest and most convenient methods of getting to this step 1:

(Step -wise)
1. Upload pics form your camera to picasa
2.  Tag them and group them into albums, chronologically!
3. Immediately transfer the photos for back-up either onto a hard disk or a CD ( We usually prefer a hard disk)
4. From Picasa, you can chose the menu - Print Photos
5. You can print just plain 4X6 copies or can even chose a photo book (both of which I have tried and works just great. Hint: For photo books, try logging in from Picasa Application rather than the web-album )
6. From within that link, you have an option to chose online stores that offers the most reasonable priced photo printing services ( I always chose Walgreens and go for the pick-up from store option)
7. Thats it - You're almost there!!!!

I will blog more with my experiences and recommendations after I am done with making albums out of these prints :-)

Happy Memories :-) I love them and hoping you all do!!!!!

1 comment:

SAL said...

Congrats Rashmi... for the second bundle of joy :-)